Summary: Personal Development is slow, uncomfortable, and never-ending.
This year’s review will be a bit different because the year itself was different! It was full of missed goals, lessons learned, and some ups.
Don’t take this post as a Journal of my annual tasks, but rather a reflection of those.
Unlike many other self-development blogs and books, I want to tell my readers about “behind the scenes” instead of editing out non marketable content. For example, I had set some goals for 2014 and failed to meet some of them. Now is the time for me to share those behind the scenes.
5 Biggest Lessons Learned in 2014
- Smiling – Smiling is the only contagious disease that is worth spreading 🙂
- Health – Treating your body with proper food and exercise is a full-time job.
- Brain – Be aware with your “lizard brain” or it will put your thoughts in auto-pilot.
- Friends – If you want to have strong friendships, minimize texting and maximize calling or in-person chats.
- Personal Development – It is slow, uncomfortable, and never-ending.
Ups of 2014
- Gained Weight – Not as much as I wanted to as I’m still skinny but not a “coat hanger” as my cricket coach used to call me.
- No Pop – Spent 365 days without any pop drinks.
- Launched a Product – With the help of my amazing team, launched www.sharpscholar.com.
- Improved my Vocabulary – A bit of my accent is still there but I speak more clearly now.
Downs of 2014
- Writing Schedule – I had set the goal to write every Saturday, but failed to do so. Upon reflecting, it was a combination of poor planning and procrastination. I will continue to improve this goal into 2015.
- Gym – Failed to go three times a week. In busy days, I skipped it or found another excuse.
- Swimming and Sport – They were on my 2014 to-do list but I failed to do them.
- Others – This category covers all other setbacks that each of us share. For example; not doing as well in school, personal problems, social drama, or financial constraints. I share some of them too and continue towards improving them.
Lastly, I want to end the review by appreciating you reading my blog or writing back to me. Below are the top 5 posts you liked the most;
Top 5 Posts of 2014
- Learnings From Getting Arrested
- Coming back from Setbacks
- How I almost Betrayed a Friend
- What trying to be “Cool” Taught Me
- More Money? More Happiness?
🙂 Let’s share a smile for 2015 🙂